REAP’s mission is to facilitate the increased development of renewable energy in Alaska through collaboration, education, training, and advocacy.
For economic and environmental reasons, REAP believes Alaska, the United States, and the Earth will benefit greatly from the rapid development of renewable energy resources and that Alaska can and should be a leader in such development.
To reach its goal, REAP has adopted five primary objectives:
- Promote energy efficiency.
- Work to get viable renewable energy projects in the ground.
- Build a market for renewable energy in Alaska.
- Foster and demonstrate stakeholder unity in support of renewable energy.
- Work to implement policies that will increase the production of renewable energy in Alaska.